Today, I was taking my usual twirl around Audubon Park and I realized I have so much to be thankful for. I’m aware of the fact that life is better than I deserve. My mother says that my I live a very privileged life. I’m learning there is a serious responsibility that comes with privilege. That I am blessed to bless. Gifted to give. I am not lucky, fortunate, or merely disciplined; I am expected to do something with the grace I’ve been given.
When I was younger, I didn’t understand gratitude. But now I understand: Being grateful is a choice. So I made a list.
Here are my reasons to give thanks today:
1. I am thankful for my health, for being able to walk four miles a day six days a week.
2. I am thankful for doing work that matters and to my business partner for positively responding to my quirky but countless ideas.
3. I am thankful for living in a town full of creative minds and opportunities.
4. I am thankful to my family who is especially supportive of my inspired notions.
5. I am thankful for the gift and work of Living My Life like its Golden— that it is both extremely hard and easy at the same time. Easy to do, hard to master. Always frustrating. Always rewarding.
6. Lastly, and most importantly, I am thankful for God — for love that cannot be explained, who inspires creativity, for purpose and a hope that there is much more to the story than we see.
Take some time today, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, to come up with a gratitude list.
Quote of the week: It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty, be grateful you have a glass and something to put in it!