On a scale from 1 to 10, how comfortable are you with your body? I secretly asked my friends this week this question to see what they thought. OK there was no scientific reasoning with this, but then again there were a couple of things I took into consideration:
- They were all different sizes. They ranged between a size 8 and a size 28.
- Four were men
- There ages ranged between 22 and 75.
- They lived in different parts of the United States
- They were all races.
This is what I found out….NOBODY is comfortable in their skin! HA! Everybody wants to change at least one or two things. But this was an uncomfortable conversation for lots of people. More awkward than I thought it would be for most. So here is what I found, I am not the only person who:
- Tries on more than one outfit in the morning! I thought it was only me who came to a pile of clothes to hang back in the closet at the end of the day. Wait….men do this too!
- Thinks that if I just lost that last 20 pounds (OK for some it was just 10 pounds) life would be different. The media says that if you were at normal weight (whatever that is for your height) you would be perfect!
- Thinks that if they were just two inches taller (or shorter) live would be perfect. Heels did not help with this problem.
- HATES EXERCISE! Man, even after all these years I still hate it. But there is no getting around the exercise. I gave away all my larger clothes. I cannot afford to buy new pants in a bigger size…so I exercise!
- Wishes I could give up more than one bad habit. I have several that I could give up!
So what did I learn from this experiment? All these years I thought I was alone….NOPE! We all have more in common than we want to accept. We just don’t tell each other about it…unless asked.
Thank you to all who participated in this survey. None of your names will ever be released. HA!
Quote for this week: A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.